BEFORE YOU READ THE ABSTRACT OR CHAPTER ONE OF THE PROJECT TOPIC BELOW, PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.THANK YOU!
YOU CAN GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT OF THE TOPIC BELOW. THE FULL PROJECT COSTS N5,000 ONLY. THE FULL INFORMATION ON HOW TO PAY AND GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. OR YOU CAN CALL: 08068231953, 08168759420
WHATSAPP US ON 08137701720
IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON SECRETARIAL PERFORMANCE
- Background of the Study
Today’s office business, professional or Government is in a state of change. This change is reflected in the office structure and office positions from entry level to Executive Secretary Level. Hence attention is now given to what the office does and the way in which office activities can be accomplished in an efficient and an effective way an secretary is responsible for the smooth operation of the day-to-day business of the company, a good secretary makes it possible for other people to function efficiently. Secretarys work closely with the company partners, owner, or president to meet their company’s staffing, equipment, and organizational needs. Duties may include pricing products from vendors, interviewing job applicants, managing payroll, and reimbursing members of the firm for out-of-pocket business expenses, and so the need for information technology had to come into play as information technology has replaced the traditional equipment used by an secretary to perform his tasks.
Montgomerie (2004), defines information technology as the handling of vocal, pictorial, textual and numerical Information by means of micro-electronic based equipment in computing and telecommunication. This clearly brings about the advantages of information delivery through technological means, since almost all aspects of office work can adequately be taken care of.
Aronu (2000) defines Information Technology as the combination of two technologies, computing and the main purpose of which is to transmit representation of information signals between remote locations.
- Statement of the Problem
Secretarys in banking sectors in Nigeria are scared of losing their jobs due to the advent of information technology. Never the less, Information technology when properly implemented in an organization will bring about productivity and easy flow of information, effective production delivery services to customers.
Unfortunately, it appears that the introduction of information technology seems to pose some problem to secretarys.
Secretarys in banking sector in Nigeria, seems to be scared of losing their jobs because some of them are inexperienced in the use of modern gadgets such as facsimile Transfer (FAX), video conferencing. As a result of this it has created fear and instability in the secretarys as it seems as if most of them are looking for alternative jobs.
The introduction of technology in the banking sectors in Nigeria would bring about improved performance, but it appears to be at a very high cost-that is the cost of maintenance of equipment and services.
- Purpose of the Study
The aim of the study is to find the effect of Information Technology on the performance of the secretary. The specific objectives of the study are to:-
1. To establish the contributions of Information Technology towards efficient performance of the secretary.
2. To determine the causes of non adaptation of Information Technology in the banking sectors by secretarys.
3. To determine the implications of poor Information Technology applications among secretarys in the banking sector.
4. To identify ways necessary to address issues of Information Technology among secretarys in the banking sector.
1.4 Research Question
1. What is the contribution of Information Technology to the performance of the managers in the banking sector?
2. What factors affect the non adaptation of Information Technology among secretarys in the banking sector?
3. What is the implication of non- application of Information Technology in banking sector?
4. What strategies are necessary for addressing issues of Information Technology among secretarys in the banking sector?
1.5 Significance of the Study
1. Organization: The study will help treat and improve some existing theories on Information as they apply to organizations as well as the office professionals in the areas of human resources management. It has also become a vital and integral part of every business plan .It will also help organization to improve the way they design and manage customer relationships.
2. Further Research: It is also hoped that the findings of this study will contribute to the existing knowledge and information in the area of research.
3. Office Practitioners: The significance of this research work is immeasurable both to the practitioners, office professionals, chief executives, personnel managers, the management of the organizations and the public at large. It is expected that the findings and recommendations of the study will guide the area of study to consider introducing information technology for their office professional efficiency and other human resources departments for effective administration of personnel matters.
4. Students: The study will be useful to student who may wish to write or make some research on a similar topic using this as a point of reference and to reorient them towards their profession, future research or practical endeavors
1.6 Scope of the Study
The study covers some aspects of information Technology on the performance of the secretarys, which include the need for the contribution of IT, factors affecting the adaptation of Information Technology, implication of non adaptation and strategies necessary to address Information Technology issues in the selected banks.
1.7 Definition of the Terms
1.7.1 Information: Is a data that has been processed and can be used per decision-making.
1.7.2 Technology: The purposeful application of information in the design, production, and utilization of goods and services, and in the organization of human activities.
1.7.3 Profession: paid occupation, especially one that requires advanced education and training.
1.7.4 Equipment: tools or machinery used for specific purposes.
1.7.5 Information Technology: Is the useful desired form into which data is finally transformed, after undergoing series of processes and can be used for decision making. Technologies of computing and communication both merge together and used by people for information needs of an organization.
1.7.6 Personnel: The body of persons employed by or activities in an organization, business, or service.
1.7.7 Office: Can be a place where information are on paper converges and information is documented, preserved and used for current and future operations or business.
1.7.8 Administrator/Secretary: Is a person or somebody who is tasked with the responsibility or directing and controlling the work and staff of a business or department within it.
HOW TO RECEIVE PROJECT MATERIAL(S)
After paying the appropriate amount (#5,000) into our bank Account below, send the following information to
08068231953 or 08168759420
(1) Your project topics
(2) Email Address
(3) Payment Name
(4) Teller Number
We will send your material(s) after we receive bank alert
Account Name: AMUTAH DANIEL CHUKWUDI
Account Number: 0046579864
Account Name: AMUTAH DANIEL CHUKWUDI
Account Number: 3139283609
Bank: FIRST BANK
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL:
08068231953 or 08168759420