BEFORE YOU READ THE ABSTRACT OR CHAPTER ONE OF THE PROJECT TOPIC BELOW, PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.THANK YOU!
YOU CAN GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT OF THE TOPIC BELOW. THE FULL PROJECT COSTS N5,000 ONLY. THE FULL INFORMATION ON HOW TO PAY AND GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. OR YOU CAN CALL: 08068231953, 08168759420
WHATSAPP US ON 08137701720
THE ROLE OF LEADERSHIP PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTING COOPERATIVE SOCIETY
[A STUDY OF KRPC MULTI- PURPOSE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD)
This study examines the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative. A survey method was used for the study 310 respondents were included in the study. They were member of Kaduna refinery petrochemical company (KRPC). A 18 item questionnaire was used for the study. The questionnaire was based on five likert scale. Three research questions were developed to guide the study. Frequencies and mean score were used as statistical analysis. Research findings show that leadership participation, if well practiced can play a very significant role towards member’s socio-economic development, such cooperative have helped members to develop the spirit of saving and held them to do establish their own business. It was recommended among others that extensive cooperative education should be given to members especially in the case of investment and credit cooperative.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page iii
Table of contents vii
- Background of the study – – – – – – 1
- Statement of the problem – – – – – – 2
- Objectives of the study – – – – – – 3
- Research questions – – – – – – – 3
- Significance of the study – – – – – – 4
- Scope of the study – – – – – – – 4
- Definition of terms – – – – – – – 5
2.0 Introductions – – – – – – – – 6
2.1 The concept of cooperative – – – – – – 6
2.2 The concept of leadership – – – – – – 8
2.3 The role of the leadership participation in promoting cooperative 9
2.4 Activities involved in role of leadership participation in promoting
cooperative – – – – – – – – 10
2.5 The problem that militate against the role of leadership participation in
promoting cooperative – – – – – – 11
2.6 Summary of the review – – – – – – 12
3.1 Introduction – – – – – – – – 13
3.2 Research design – – – – – – – 13
3.3 Population of the study – – – – – – 13
3.4 Sample size and sampling procedures – – – – 14
3.5 Instrumentation – – – – – – – 14
3.5.1 Validity – – – – – – – – 15
3.5.2 Reliability – – – – – – – – 15
3.6 Procedures for statistical analysis- – – – – 16
3.7 Limitation of the study – – – – – – 16
DATA PRESENTATION AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
4.1 Introduction – – – – – – – – 17
4.2 Answering research Question – – – – – 18
4.3 Summary of findings – – – – – – – 25
4.4 Discussion of findings – – – – – – 25
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Introduction – – – – – – – – 27
5.2 Summary – – – – – – – – 27
5.3 Conclusion – – – – – – – – 28
5.4 Recommendations – – – – – – – 28
5.5 Suggestions for further researches – – – – – 30
References – – – – – – – – 31
Appendix – – – – – – – – – 32
- Background of the Study
Leadership is as old as human being, there is no human endeavour that does not require proper leadership (management) for it to function effectively. For example, government establishment, business enterprises, mosque, church, hospital and cooperative societies all requirement leadership to promote and make them function properly.
Therefore, leadership is one of that human instrument that regulate all organization effectively, they set up goals for any organization to achieve effectively in other words, they perform the managerial functions of planning, controlling, directing, coordinating and organizing.
The role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative is found as a research problem which aimed at identifying the importance of leadership participation in cooperative society so as to satisfy the members economic needs and the degree of productivity to be obtained from.
Cooperative movement however came into existence when these mutual obligations of traditionalist in the society were phrased out of their formal organization of business out fit.
This condition led to the birth of the modern cooperatives, as a result of industrial revolution in August 1844. These efforts were made by some industrialist with the same common interest. But in the case of our country Nigeria, it was slightly different because it was a reflection of it by colonial maters that we had Nigerians have greatly seen the need for cooperative movement, because an average Nigerian is faced with economic problems which is even worst that that which was experienced in Europe during the industrial revolution.
The word cooperative is distinctive, which must be made between formal and informal cooperative. In the widest sense cooperative means people working together so as to achieve their goals. But the most widely formal definition of cooperative is the one put down by I.C.A – 1995. Cooperative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their economic, social and cultural needs, and aspiration through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise (I.C.A. 1995).
- Statement of the Problem
The role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative society cannot be over emphasized, thus leadership plays a very important role in promoting cooperative society.
Leadership is a basic requirement needed for the success of any cooperative movement.
Therefore, any cooperative society that does not consider the above one is found to have slow promotion or no development at all and will eventually lead to all sort of problems.
From the past decades, cooperative societies in Nigeria are referred to as part time business organization, the management committee are elected without following the laid down procedure for cooperative movement for charity organization, this make them less committed to the smooth running of the society.
- Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study includes the following:
- To determine the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative.
- To examine the activities involved in the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative.
- To access the problems that militate against the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative.
- Research Question
- What are the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative?
- What are the activities involved in the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative?
- What are the problems that militate the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative?
- Significance of the Study
- The study help dig-out the problems obstructing the growth and promotion of the society particularly in the area of leadership participation.
- It will help to increase the rate of growth and development of cooperative society in the country.
- The study will help to enlighten student on the role of leadership participation in a society.
- It will help to show more light about the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative.
- Scope of the Study
The study talks about how to examine the role of leadership participation in promoting cooperative. This study covers the activities involved in the role of leadership participation and the problem encountered in leadership participation as well as possible way to alleviate those problem.
The study is based in Kaduna refinery petro-chemical company, (K.R.P.C).
- Definition of Terms
- Cooperative: This is an act of coming together of an individuals who pool their resources in order to improve there social economic interest in a democratic fashion and equitable regards to every members.
- Leadership: This can be refer to a person who organize and direct human resources in order for member to achieve their economic and social needs effectively.
- Member: Maybe refer to as those non-elected leadership of the society and they perform variety of roles and functions in promoting cooperative society.
- Participation: This maybe refer to as taking parts or actively doing something at any level in order to promote and develop the standard of cooperative or another organization.
- Promotion: This maybe refer to as developing, encouraging and organizing a particular organization, society, institution etc to progress from lower rank position to higher rank.
- K.R.P.C: Kaduna Refinery Petro-chemical Company.
HOW TO RECEIVE PROJECT MATERIAL(S)
After paying the appropriate amount (#5,000) into our bank Account below, send the following information to
08068231953 or 08168759420
(1) Your project topics
(2) Email Address
(3) Payment Name
(4) Teller Number
We will send your material(s) after we receive bank alert
Account Name: AMUTAH DANIEL CHUKWUDI
Account Number: 0046579864
Account Name: AMUTAH DANIEL CHUKWUDI
Account Number: 3139283609
Bank: FIRST BANK
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL:
08068231953 or 08168759420